Followers

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Seam Bias Flowers The First Attempts


                                 
Bias tape flowers
Currently the project on my table is a Victorian cuff type wrist let.
It started out with some beautiful soft peach brocade.
Edged with hand crochet pillow edging.
But...just covering it with crystal beads like the last one really
is not much of a challenge...so.  I thought it was time to learn how to make
some ribbon flowers.
There are some wonderful tutorials on you tube.
But for some reason last night they would not play for me. 
As you can see...to the right, my first flowers are very poofy,
but it did not take me long to figure out that was not the look I was shooting for
so...Less tape...bigger stitches...Take your time..
and then you end up with flowers that look more like flowers and not
something so wild looking.
I am going to make a few more...and see if I can get them very tiny. 
Then add them to the cuff.
Pink vines to go with the green flowers...
Lots and lots of crystal beads
Perfect project to work on as my son does school projects and we watch the snow that we so seldom get here in Eugene.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...