Followers

Monday, December 6, 2010

My First Paper Fan Flower Rosette

It is hard for me to believe but I have never made a paper fan flower, or rosette, or what ever these beautiful ornaments are called.  I have tried.  Oh!  I have tried, but never quite got the hang of it.  Jill put me in touch with a blog she has been following Artful Afirmations.  Terri has  made a fantastic video on how to make these.  Thank you Terri!!  Such a simple looking ornament.  But it really does have to be folded right....Now my next task it to line up my papers better.  This first ornament was made with vintage violin music, a hand cut chipboard disk (oh I need a 2 1/2 inch punch)  and a punch out from a vintage postcard.  I am not sure how I am going to use this first one...it may just get a string and be added to the tree.  On to a garland for the mantel!!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh I love it! You did a fabulous job on it. I am sure it would look lovely on a tree too. You will see as you make more that it gets easier and easier to line up the flower edges.
    I am so glad my video helped!
    Thank you also for mentioning me : )
    Hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely May!!! Now you will have to Teach me!
    So Much Fun to be Had!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...